Buying Cigs Online - Is It Safe?

A list of web sits ordered by Safeness, now in its own section.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

Post by Dan on Aug 21, 2020 at 6:20pm
Updated: cigs-depot.com - Anything with 'depot' in the title sounds 'cheap', looks like most fake sites on this list. I couldnt find much info on them. They are registered in Tortola, which is the largest of the British Virgin Islands. They sell a large variety of (presumably) South American made cigs via (presumably) Panama. The faq says they will refund lost deliveries after 30 days, and they accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB, DINERS credit cards, and WIRE Bank Transfers from 'most' countries. I cant find any reviews of this company, good or bad, but as the design looks like so many other questionable sites, I put them in suspicious.

Post by abacab on Oct 19, 2020 at 10:21am
Anyone know where I can safely order Botschafter or Shepherds Hotel? Cigarettes-mart has them listed but they're on the suspect list and I've become increasingly paranoid about fake cigarettes.

I can't even find basic Davidoff red anymore and if I do it's in that horrible disgusting packaging that I refuse to buy.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

Post by Dan on Oct 19, 2020 at 4:44pm
The days of packaging without all that horrible image (lies) stuff is long gone for many years here in the UK. You are lucky you can still find some packs which are safe look at. (I use a silver cig case to hide this stuff).

I updated cig-mart today for you, but the news isnt looking good. Those photos may be old, or the packs you get might be old, or manufactured in the Ukraine - where most of these are made. Not so much fakes but native brands, and they will taste different (cheap) to the local brands you might find in Western Europe, and those of luxury like Davidoff are more expensive because of this luxury.

Post by abacab on Oct 20, 2020 at 6:14pm
I'm half tempted to roll the dice.

Odds are I won't be going anywhere soon to pick them up in person duty free.

Speaking of packaging, are the ones sold in the airports these days with the horrible packaging or do the duty free cigarettes get to keep the attractive package?

Post by Dan on Oct 21, 2020 at 3:25pm
It depends on the policies of the countries involved. Westerm Europe are obliged to sell everything with the libellous packaging. Eastern Europe is not.

If you order, please let us know how it went, and your thoughts on the final product. I wont be moving them up any time soon, as their lack of a returns policy worries me. But all feedback is welcome.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

Post by MG on Nov 12, 2020 at 8:47pm
Dutyfreeking is definitely a scam site. I paid for my order and never received the items and they didn't reply to any of my follow up emails.
enduro

Post by enduro on Dec 27, 2020 at 11:28pm
Dear All,
Could anyone advise if there is any trusted site to buy a Capri 120 in Europe?

Thanks Enduro

Post by smkfet on Dec 28, 2020 at 3:22pm
enduro Avatar
Dec 27, 2020 at 11:28pm enduro said:
Dear All,
Could anyone advise if there is any trusted site to buy a Capri 120 in Europe?

Thanks Enduro
i'm also interested !
i can add a special commission for the guy helping me to find Capri Magenta 120 or Virginia Slims 120's in France or Europe in a secure way
An american guy from this forum would like to help ? An american guy travelling to Paris ?
so if you want to make money and help me, everybody is happy :)

Post by Imelda on Feb 13, 2021 at 2:32pm
Dear Dan & folks,
Could anyone recommend a trusted site to buy Vogue Lilas online (VOGUE LA CIGARETTE LILAS)?
I'm currently in Finland where they don't sell slim cigarettes at all and I'd like to have them delivered here, preferably from Europe.
I've already looked at many cigarette webshops and I hesitate a bit of being scammed (in general) & because seeing images of outdated cigarette box design as product photos of Vogue Lilas on most of the sites look also a bit suspicious...
Thanks!

Post by Dan on Feb 25, 2021 at 12:03am
I guess I should point out that the list is now out of date, was made at a time when it was still possible to import cigs, and risk avoiding taxes. Since the world got sewn up in a bag with Covid, I'm not sure if anything is allowed in or out of Western Europe without being scanned and taxed.

Of cource, unless you buy single packs.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

Post by Imelda on Mar 2, 2021 at 2:45pm
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:32pm Imelda said:
Dear Dan & folks,
Could anyone recommend a trusted site to buy Vogue Lilas online (VOGUE LA CIGARETTE LILAS)?
I'm currently in Finland where they don't sell slim cigarettes at all and I'd like to have them delivered here, preferably from Europe.
I've already looked at many cigarette webshops and I hesitate a bit of being scammed (in general) & because seeing images of outdated cigarette box design as product photos of Vogue Lilas on most of the sites look also a bit suspicious...
Thanks!
I found a solution - in case anyone else finds this thread with the same need, I can recommend the tabakland.de webshop (in Germany). I could order Vogue Lilas cigarettes there and the package arrived 1 week after I posted my order.

Post by Christopher on Mar 26, 2021 at 6:29pm

CGarsLtd.co.uk just informed me that they do not ship outside the UK.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

Post by Dan on Mar 27, 2021 at 8:50pm
Thanks. I updated the notes to add this is for UK only. I guess only Dutch Tobacco and JTExpress are the only ones who sell internationally, so maybe they should be separated from the others.

Not sure about TabakLand but I added it to the list under Unknown.

Post by Dan on Apr 1, 2021 at 8:09pm
Added Cigs88.com to the first post, under Suspicious.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

End of recovered comments

That's all I managed to recover from the Wayback Machine. We are missing comments from the 12months before the forum went down in April 2022.

If you are a registered user, please post your comments and feedback below.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

I updated the list in the 1st post a little bit today. I checked that all of the Legit and OK ones are still working, although some of the page links are still broken.

Added back the list of Ebay searches

Also added some flags to make it look a bit nicer.
Dan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan »

Added www.cheapasmokes.com to Safe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic